Thursday, March 7, 2013

22 Years Strong

Today me and the Captain celebrate a milestone.  

22 years of happily ever after.

In honor of this grand number we have decided to get matching tattoo's.  Silly?  Maybe.  We met while we were in the Navy and since boating is still very much apart of our lives we are going with this one.

Were shooting for this weekend to get them done, and I promise to post a pic once completed.  

I heard a celebrity on TV who was recently asked how she and her husband had survived 25 years married being in show business.  I thought her answer was brilliant.  "You survive by knowing there all not going to be great years."

I have to tell you I loved her honesty because I don't think many people would be willing to put it out there like that.  Why?  Mainly because it's true and mainly because it doesn't jive with the whole philosophy of never going to bed mad at your spouse.  Can I just tell you this, we have gone to bed mad at each other plenty of times. 

What we don't do is stop talking.  Ever.  You can still be mad and say goodnight and I love you.  

So in honor of this auspicious occasion I just wanted to take a moment to wish my wonderful husband a Happy Anniversary.  

22 years ago today, together we took a leap of faith.  Oh, don't get me wrong, we loved each other.  Desperately.  We still do, but our love today is  different.  It's deeper, richer, and more substantial with 22 years of living, loving and fighting behind us.  Life truly is a journey and I have been blessed to be on this journey with one of the funniest, sexiest (he's going to bust me for making sexy second in this list) most honorable man I've ever known.  Thank you for the last 22 years together and I look forward to the next set!


No comments: